September 8, 2011

Montgomery Inn BBQ- Columbus, OH

So as my time in Ohio is coming to an end, I decided to come try a place that I've meaning to visit for more than a year now. The Montgomery Inn is supposed to be known for their ribs. They were started in some small town in OH and eventually expanded to multiple locations. The building very cute sticking to the Inn theme.

As I study the menu, I see a sweet plum and spicy mustard sauce listed. Thank goodness I decided to taste it first, I totally did not like it. The mustard sauce is too spicy and the plum sauce just ok. To think this was going to be served on shrimp is scary, totally would have killed the shrimp if they weren't already dead.



So I ordered the Rib and shrimp entree with NO sauce. The ribs were tender and the meat fell off the bone, their house sauce was slightly sweet and just OK. Shrimp were typical frozen fried shrimp, nothing unexpected. But maybe its me, and my taste buds are off, but the best thing on the plate was the baked sweet potato.

Sometimes your food intuition keep you away from a place for a reason...listen to it... Eat Bright!!

No comments:

Post a Comment