December 6, 2011

Greek Village Inn - Sacramento, CA

Finally getting my Skordalia fix (happy dance!!!!). The wonderfully smooth garlic dip that makes me smile.

I found the Greek Village Inn during a very specific search for Skordalia or skordhalia/skorthalia. Upon walking in I was greeted to another great surprise as they had the spicy feta as featured special today. Individually each dip is great, but together they will blow your mind. The feta had just the right amount of fire to meet the garlicy goodness that is a star of the Skordalia.
Skordalia and Spicy Feta Dips

  Next was the house Avgolemono, lemon and rice soup. Very flavorful, but with all the other dishes I ordered I only had a small taste.
Avgolemono Soup

For my main I went with an old faithful Gyro plate...Greek lemon potatoes, tzatziki, olives, and feta cheese. The gyro meat was thick cut, well seasoned and tasty, while the potatoes had mild lemon bite compared to others I've had.
Gyro Platter

Overall it was a great meal and the service was great. Looking forward to my next visit.

Garlic is your friend...Eat Bright!

1 comment:

  1. They closed Greek Village Inn last year. :(

    ReplyDelete