November 3, 2011

Cafeteria 15L and Scotts's Seafood - Sacramento, CA

So here I am again...back at Cafeteria 15L. As I was eating my grilled cheese last time I herd the bartender say their burger is one of the best in Sac town. And as you know, I'm always hunting a good burger. I found one is Columbus, OH, Johnnies Tavern, that I visited weekly to have a Hot-fries (burger with pepper jack and side of Fries).

But I digress, I'm back now to try their Cafeteria Burger. I'm thinking goat cheese and bacon... As happy hour prepares to end, I decide to try their mac n' cheese. Served piping hot in cast iron pot, its perfectly golden on top. The flavors are mild and each bite accented with the crunchy texture from the bread crumbs.
Mac n' Cheese

OMG, this smells amazing. Of course I got the garlic fries again... and the goat cheese and special sauce are calling my name... and after I take the time to cut it and prepare for first bite...Its still quite pink. I ordered medium well + minute.
Burger with Goat Cheese and Bacon

I was sooo excited, it looked soooo good!!!


So here I am... Waiting again, hope I get the same feeling again... It doesn't, maybe it just me, but I hate when they mess up then put the same buyer back on the grill fully dressed... It like opening a present, I can't have the same excitement about what I will find perfectly wrapped gift... Plus they took my fries so their not piping hot anymore either... What had the promise of being joyful beyond all is not a disappointment.

Burger is good. But now I don't have a taste for it anymore...

Pray it comes out right the first time... Eat Bright... :-(

Take 2

So as I am still hungry, I don't know what to eat... then it comes to me just get some seafood.  Something that's the total opposite of the burger, as not to be comparing them.  So I remember something i saw online, Scott's Seafood.  Its not really in my direction, but hey I'm hungry. The manager and I have a nice chat and she recommends a mix of the Boston Clam Chowder and Spicy Crab Bisque.  Its sooo warm on a cool night like tonight...she recommended the mix as to soften the bite of the bisque yet still have the creaminess greatness of the chowder.  After a bit more discussion we decided that in the future a 3:1 bisque to chowder ratio might be better so more of the spice comes through.


Boston Clam Chowder and Spicy Crab Bisque

I also had one of each of the featured oysters listed below, with the Cortes island and Eld island being my favorite.

Favorites at 12 and 3


Sometimes it takes two... Eat Bright...

Sent via BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment