July 17, 2011

CakeLove and Bond 45 - National Harbor - Maryland

Finally eating, after wondering around for more than a hour. I came over to buy my mom cupcakes. As a food network fan, she wanted to try the CakeLove spot.  Founded by Warren Brown, the lawyer turned baker, who used to be on the show called Sugar Rush. I went in and brought 7, a mixture of flavors including the gluten-free vanilla.

There were a bunch of people gathered for the House of KAS anniversary fashion show on the pier, but in true fashion they were starting late. So finally decided to start looking for food. Unfortunately nothing caught my attention, I went to a number of spots to scope menus. Most of the good stuff was a chain, and I try not to eat what I can have at home when I am on the road.

I stopped in one spot and just had a drink, the menu was not so appealing. I think its one of those days where you just don't have a craving for anything. So finally I end up at Bond 45 and settle for a salad. Beefsteak tomato, onion and gorganzola cheese, it was simple yet satisfying.

Then after taking 30 plus min to get out of the garage, I made it back to hotel. Luckily mom was still up to try the cupcakes. So, after all that... How were they you ask?

Hate to say it, but they were a total disappointment. We picked over them. They were dry, the icings were not very flavorful. As my dad said, "these don't say BAM in my mouth."


Don't always believe the hype... Eat Bright!

1 comment:

  1. I HATE bad cupcakes! If I am going to waste my calories, PLEASE make it wonderful!

    ReplyDelete