October 6, 2011

Frank Ski's Restaurant and Lounge - Atlanta, GA

Bear with me while I play catch up on a few entries I've been too lazy to post...


Atlanta, Atlanta....Diddy's restaurant Justin's just got knocked for a loop.  Just down the street on Peachtree Street across from Fresh Market is Frank Ski's Restaurant Lounge. Frank Ski hosts a morning show on V-103 and is a local celebrity.

Upon arrival you will greeted with a smile and personal welcome and introduction from your valet attendant.  This was absolutely the cutest thing, they are such nice guys.  As I entered the restaurant I was pleasantly surprised by the decor and atmosphere.  The left of the restaurant has been transformed into a nice lounge area with either sofa or table seating options.  To the right, the bar is expansive with lots of seating on three sides.  There is a small VIP booth in the back and a wine tasting room. 

Grilled Honey Hot Wings


Our bartender was awesome, he was friendly and really made our first visit a great one.  The menu offers a number of different selections, some of which I didn't quite understand, but hey... not my spot. My girl LH is a wing lover and decided to try their 'Grilled' Honey Hot wings.  She said they were "good for grilled."  I tried a bite and agree, they were OK.




I decided on the Creole Seafood Pot Pie.  Yes, I know that so sounds weird for the type of spot this is, but they are aiming to make good food sexy and keep up with the Atlanta swagger.  It was like a lobster crab, shrimp bisque with an etouffee style flavor combo topped with puff pastry.  It was very simple in presentation...left a lot to the imagination, but the dish was good.  The sauce was creamy and it had a decent amount of seafood inside. 

Creole Seafood Pot Pie

Unfortunately, I did not have dessert because they were out of Cami Cakes Red Velvet cupcakes :-(


Overall, I was pleasantly surprised.  I can definitely say I was hesitant when I heard Frank Ski was opening a restaurant, but I am glad he did.  So ofter people come to Atlanta and run to Justin's just because P. Diddy owns it, but the food really is not that good.  Frank Ski's is off to a good start and I just pray they can maintain the momentum in order to be around for a very long time. 

To great food and a great social scene...Eat Bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment