October 17, 2011

Gatsby's Diner

Now its only right that I look up what spots in the area have been featured on food network. So I come to find Gatsby's Diner which was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives back in January.

I walk in to the amazing smell of burgers, steaks and pork chops cooking on converted Japanese hibachi grills. I must say this is the epitome of an open kitchen.

I decided the seasonal 'Bacon Sherry Burger' was the way to go... 8 oz patty topped with shaved brussel sprouts, cheddar cheese, crisp bacon, lettuce, tomato, thinly sliced red onion and a sherry mayo made in house, with nothing less than the house cut fries.

While I waited on my burger I totally had to have a vanilla shake. It was not only pretty, but very tasty. It was thick and creamy, but smooth enough to use a straw.
Vanilla Milk Shake


Burger looked great, fries nice and hot. I order my burger well done +minute, and it was perfect. Not a smidgen of pink, yet still very juicy. The flavor combo melded well together, with nothing really standing out. The waitress used the term 'wasabi like' to describe what the brussel spouts brought to the table, and I agree if you take the hot away.

Bacon Sherry Burger

But the hands down winner at this meal...was the fries. Its crazy how a potato is a potato is a potato, but not all fried potatoes are created equal. I could not stop myself, I ended up getting full on my fries and could not finish the burger.

Do a little homework, find something new where you are...Eat Bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment