October 12, 2011

Ten 22 - Sacramento, CA

Here I am at Ten 22 in Old Town, Sacramento, OH, which lists itself as a 'unique' farm to table experience. Best part, it was less than a 2 minute walk from the hotel.

After all the burgers I've eaten within the past week, I opted for one of Chef Jay Veregge's signature dishes, the Fried Green Tomato Pizza. Made with a roasted tomato salsa, fontina cheese, and cool ranch drizzle, I am getting excited just thinking about it.


Fried Green Tomato Pizza


Very good, sprinkled with bit of parm and red pepper flakes. Fontina adds a nice little saltiness to the dish, veggies are definitely fresh.  Knowing that I would not be able to finish it all, I offered some to the guy next to me and he agreed it was very good.
Grass-fed grilled steak pizza

As payback for the slice I shared, I tasted a piece of FC's, the Bostonian, grass-fed grilled steak pizza; skirt steak with roasted balsalmic onions and blue cheese. Great flavors, the onions and balsamic dreesing totally make it work...

For those who know me, I have no problem talking to strangers, and had a great time with the other business travelers at the bar (Hi! FC and JB if you are reading this).





 Be Nice and Eat Bright!!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! My pizza was better than yours, but certainly not the healthier of the two. Best, FC

    ReplyDelete